Whether you’re a celebrity or not, you have your own personal brand. It’s up to you to take ownership of your reputation and the ongoing process of a prescribed image or impression in the mind of others and emerge stronger, surer and way ahead of the field!
Your personal brand will affect every part of your life from a teenager right through to adulthood, from employee to manager or CEO. As you begin to share more about yourself, you begin to develop a brand which defines who you are and how you are perceived through your personality traits, hobbies and appearance.
There are two ways to build your reputation and redefine your existing external perception through a short or long journey. Some may believe the shorter way is how to better a personal brand, getting ahead at the expense of your brand image via doing outrageous things, making controversial comments or developing a negative reputation that spreads through word of mouth or viral social media. While faced criticism and probably a wave of attention, it will most likely come crashing down within weeks and you’ll walk away worse than you entered.
The longer way involves building your reputation through becoming the captain of your personal brand and ensuring your key messages flow through your actions using visual, verbal and written communication taking between 6-12 months for to begin the transition across online media and offline.
Here are 5 reasons for building a personal brand:
- Increase awareness of you and your company’s brand. Building brand awareness is one of the best things you can do to promote your brand, and ultimately yourself to influence stakeholders and elevate yourself for the next step in your career.
- Differentiate yourself in a crowded market. There are millions of people around the world, and hundreds of people communicating with each other weekly. Make yourself stand out from the crowd with a unique differentiator with your personal brand.
- Build credibility and reputation. Credibility will allow you to achieve recognition for your brand values and secure new opportunities if they are aligned with you.
- Gain industry recognition via respect and thought leadership. If you have a strong personal brand, you will be at the forefront of your industry and drive your progress through thought leadership across the digital sphere.
- Secure new job opportunities and advance your career. Having a strong personal brand makes you susceptible from regular job offers as you are on the radar of many HR departments and recruiters to poach. Developing your personal brand will give you a competitive edge.
For those who are up for the challenge and need a lending hand, Taurus Marketing has built a number of personal brands over the last 23 years through a structured methodology to strengthen your presence. Let the current Taurus Marketing team help you with a structured plan to meet your goals. You can contact us on 02 9415 4528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org